Based on his record of hostility to Jews, Israel, and American military supremacy, Chuck Hagel will be a disaster as Secretary of Defense.
- Hagel was the only senator out of 100 who refused to sign the American Jewish Committee’s 1999 statement against anti-Semitism in Russia.
- Hagel was one of only a handful of Senators who refused to sign a bipartisan letter to the European Union to add Hezbollah to its list of terrorist organizations.
- Hagel strongly opposed the enhanced interrogation of suspected al-Qaeda terrorists after 9/11 that helped prevent more terrorist attacks on our homeland.
- Hagel voted to invade Iraq and then, almost immediately, joined the left in attacking the efforts of our troops on the ground.
- Hagel currently serves as Chairman of the Atlantic Council, a foreign policy blog. On December 11, 2012 the Atlantic Council published a front page article titled “Israel’s Apartheid Policy,” appropriating a term, “apartheid,” which Israel’s bitterest enemies use to justify calls for its annihilation.
- Hagel referred to the “Jewish lobby” in comments he made in 2006, conjuring up the image of rich, powerful Jews pulling the strings of Washington which is a staple of the hate speech of jihadis and neo-Nazis.
The bottom line: Chuck Hagel is bad for America and he is bad for Israel.
Credit: David Horowitz